Historically, this field-oriented course is intended to introduce students to the diverse aquatic habitats found in Florida, their associated flora and fauna, and serve as an introduction to the management issues facing state and federal conservation agencies. However, due to restrictions imposed by the COVID-19 pandemic we are adapting the course to online delivery until further notice!
Students will gain an understanding of plant and animal community structure across a range of ponds, lakes, rivers, and nearshore coastal systems. Virtual (recorded) field trips, live-streamed (synchronous) class meetings, and other video content will comprise approximately 75% of the total class time. Other course materials (field site reports, primary literature, management agency publications, and other online content) will constitute the remaining 25%. Enrollment includes advanced undergraduates and graduate students.
Prerequisite: FAS4305C or consent of instructor
Summer B course
- This course includes required lab/field work which are offered online during COVID-19.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes