Ready? Set? Apply!
HOW TO APPLY
Before you submit your official application to the University of Florida, we recommend that you familiarize yourself with our faculty research areas and make contact with those individuals with whom you are interested in working. The best method for contacting potential advisors is via email with an attachment of your CV/resume and an explanation of your interest in them.*
Visit http://admissions.ufl.edu/apply to begin the formal application process. You will need to provide the following in addition to the online application:
- $30 application fee, paid to the Office of Admissions.
- Official transcripts of all previous academic work. Cumulative GPA of 3.0 is expected.
- Due to current admission examination testing difficulties amid the COVID-19 pandemic, SFRC, in sync with the UF Graduate School, is waiving the GRE requirement for applicants seeking Fall 2020, Spring 2021, Summer A/B/C 2021, or Fall 2021 admission. Following this, the GRE is no longer required to apply to our graduate programs.
- Three letters of recommendation from relevant academic or employment colleagues.
- Letter of intent/statement of purpose detailing the areas you wish to study and/or your background.
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume.
All required documents other than transcripts may be uploaded within the online application system. Transcripts must be sent by your academic institution directly to the UF Office of Admissions. Incomplete applications will not be considered for admission, however, your graduate application will remain active in the UF system for 12 months, so if needed you may request a change in the term for which you have applied.
*Prospective students cannot be accepted, regardless of qualifications, unless a faculty member agrees to advise you.
You will need to submit official transcripts from any previous education and the $37 application fee. We will contact you when your application is processed, and you can always reach out if you need help. Certificate program information >
UF undergraduate application >
When you submit your non-degree application, be sure you have selected one of our Special Programs from the dropdown, even if you are only taking one class.
- Review the UF International Center website for important information on applying to UF. You must provide TOEFL or equivalent scores, except for native English speaking‐countries.
STATE AGENCY EMPLOYEES/UF EEP
- Follow the tuition waiver process described on the Registrar website. If you miss these deadlines you will be liable for your tuition and fees! (Apply to a program or course separately.)
HAVE A QUESTION?
- Check out our Frequently Asked Questions and you may find what you're looking for.
APPLICATION DATES & DEADLINES
Graduate applicants seeking assistantships
- Fall deadline - January 1
- Spring deadline - September 1
- Fall deadline - January 1
Online degree applicants or graduate applicants not seeking assistantships
- All semesters deadline - 2-3 months prior to term start date
- Fall deadline - mid-July
- Spring deadline - mid-November
- Summer deadline - mid-April
Non-degree seeking students (single courses)
- All semesters deadline - at least 2-3 weeks prior to term start date