Research Assistant Scientist, Forest Carbon, Nutrient and Water Dynamics
Rosvel joined FFGS in January 2018 as an Assistant Research Scientist in Forest Carbon, Nutrient & Water Dynamics. He previously worked as Postdoctoral Associate at the FFGS doing research on carbon and water dynamics in a range of ecosystems from tropical to subarctic ecosystems. His current research focuses on using biometric and eddy covariance approaches to better understand how climatic variability and management affect ecosystems carbon balance, water, and nutrients cycling.
- PhD, Biology-Ecology, Venezuelan Institute of Scientific Research, 2000
- MS, Biology-Ecology, Venezuelan Institute of Scientific Research, 1990
- Rosvel Bracho, Jason G. Vogel, Rodney .E. Will, A. Noormets, Lisa J. Samuelson, Eric, J. Jokela, Carlos A. Gonzalez-Benecke, Salvador A. Gezan, Daniel Markewitz, John R. Seiler, Brian D. Strahm, Robert O. Teskey, Thomas R. Fox, Michael B. Kane, Marshall A. Laviner, Kristin M. McElligot, Jinyan Yang, Wen Lin, Cassandra R. Meek, Joshua Cucinella, Madison K. Akers, Timothy A. Martin. 2018. Carbon accumulation in loblolly pine plantations is increased by fertilization across a soil moisture availability gradient. Forest Ecology and Management 424, 39 -52.
- Meghan Taylor, Gerardo Celis, Justin Ledman, Rosvel Bracho, Edward Schuur. 2018. Methane efflux measured by eddy covariance in Alaskan upland tundra undergoing permafrost degradation. Journal of Geophysical Research-Biogeosciences (Accepted)
- Wenting Feng, Junyi Liang, Lauren Hale, Chang Gyo Jung, Ji Chen, Jizhong Zhou, Minggang Xu, Mengting Yuan, Liyou Wu, Rosvel Bracho, Elaine Pegoraro, Edward Schuur, Yiqi Luo. 2017. Enhanced decomposition of stable soil organic carbon and microbial catabolic potentials by long-term field warming. Global Change Biology doi.org/10.1111/gcb.13755
- Rosvel Bracho, Susan Natali, Elaine Pegoraro, Kathryn G. Crummer, Christina Schädel, Liyou Wu, Huaqun Yin, James M. Tiedje, Konstantinos T. Konstantinidis, Yiqi Luo, Jizhong Zhou, Edward. A. G. Schuur. 2016. Temperature sensitivity of organic matter decomposition of permafrost-region soils during laboratory incubations. Soil Biology and Biochemistry 97, 1-14.
- Bracho, R., G. Starr, H.L. Gholz, T.A. Martin, W. Cropper Jr, and H. W. Loescher. 2012. Controls on carbon dynamics by ecosystem structure and climate for southern U.S. pine plantations. Ecological Monographs doi.org/10.1890/11-0587.1